Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Things that purr

One Favorite Thing:
My 8-month old kitten, Lucca

An ode to my kitten, the furry ball of love that greets me at the front door when I get home from work every day. Who head bumps me on the forehead as way of greeting. Who gives me wet nose kisses. Who makes me so stinkin' happy.

Some particularly amusing kitty quotes:
"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." ~Mary Bly
"Dogs have owners; cats have staff." ~Samuel Butler
"Cat: a pygmy lion who loves mice, hates dogs and patronizes human beings." ~Oliver Herford
"If cats could talk, they wouldn't." ~Nan Porter

Having a pet to coddle, love and bring up from infancy is one of the most fulfilling things I've experienced. Who is your special fur ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment